Define WorkBench is a fully featured configuration and data viewing program, compatible with all Zen series control stations, including the Nimbus, Zen Datalogger, Zen RTU/U, Zen RTU/R and Zen IoT Gateway as well as legacy ZEN-16's. A software update supporting our new device is also soon to be released.
N.B. WorkBench 2.3.12 is only compatible with legacy ZEN-16 firmware 2.0.0 and later. WorkBench 1.2.15 is also available. Please select the correct version when you receive the download link.
Simulation Mode allows you to simulate any Zen unit:
All without connecting to a physical unit!
This feature enables a support agent to mirror your application, troubleshoot your setup, then email you the correct configuration, for fast remote assistance with no need to courier the product back and forth.
Packaged in a user-friendly, uncluttered design, WorkBench offers a simple interface for setting up and scaling input and output channels, and configuring setpoints and totalizers.
The dynamic help panel tracks your setup progress, and unobtrusively presents wiring diagrams, explanations, and examples of use.
Not sure what a feature is for or how to configure it? Simply click on the control button, text box or label, and all of the information that you need will appear in the panel on the right.
Make the most of the Zen Datalogger's powerful logging features with the WorkBench Data Viewer. This feature enables you to to easily view, graph and download your logged data for easy analysis:
WorkBench offers a range of flexible features to suit a wide variety of applications. Free plugin modules are also available, to further expand the functionality of your Zen:
Define WorkBench 2.3.12 Release Notes
Date of release:
Operating system: Windows 7/8/10.
Platform: .NET 2.0 framework.
This 2.x.x version can coexist on the same computer with the earlier 1.x.x releases.
- Support for cloud providers: Azure, DeviceWise, Watson, Cayenne.
- Live input value now displays 'Sensor error', 'Memory error', 'Over range', and 'Under range'.
- WiFi and Ethernet module firmware versions.
- Digital input global active state for Nimbus and ZenIoT.
- Alerts tab for supported plugins.
- Xively custom fields dialog to check/alter values before posting to Xively.
- Notification of newer plugin version with option to update while retaining custom plugin configuration.
- MQTT status info in cloud tabs.
- Validate On/Off values for setpoints (control mode).
- Device error checking and recovery from Overview tab.
- Warning dialog before switching/updating plugins.
- Location info on WiFi and Modem tabs.
- Custom macro loading from the Plugins tab.
- Disable daylight savings option on the Logging tab.
- Time sync now also programs the device with the Month/Day format as well as the UTC offset obtained from the OS settings.
- Modem connection tab.
- Incorrect Nimbus Relay A wiring diagram.
- Hide 'Unit' field in expandable live view for Relays and Setpoints.
- Selecting 'Telit' as a mobile service provider caused the country to switch to Australia.
- Help always referred to device as 'ZEN-16' even when connected to other devices.
- WiFi channel change in AP mode restarts WiFi to apply the change.
- Deleting a plugin and then reinstalling the same one didn't refresh the data in the modem tab until a reconnection took place.
- Connect tab help auto scrolls.
Got an issue with our software or want to request a feature? Use this form.