Define Instruments 380 programmable controllers provide effective and affordable solutions for many control and monitoring applications. These controllers have been designed with the system builder in mind, and feature a variety of customisation options:
- Panel mount case
- 48H x 96W x 120D (mm). Panel cutout: 45.5 x 92.5mm
- Power supply
- Choose HV: 85-265V AC/95-370V DC or LV: 15-48V AC/10-72V DC
- Horizontal or vertical LED display (5 displays to choose from)
- Remote display
- Remote display kit with 1m or custom length cable available
- Analogue input
- Select an input module with up to 8 x channels from our range
- Digital input
- Includes 3 x function pins that can be configured as digital inputs if required
- Relay output
- 2, 4, or 6 x 5A Form A, or 2 x 10A Form C
- Analogue output
- 1, 2 or 4 x isolated 16-bit 4-20mA, or 1 or 4 x 0-10V output
- Serial output
- 1 or 2 x isolated RS232, or 1 x Ethernet, or 1 x RS485 serial output
- Includes 256KB of configuration space by default (data-logging not enabled)
- Memory upgrade
- 3,072KB memory upgrade available (enables data-logging and real-time clock)
Any one of the following displays can be selected. Each can be used with or without a remote display cable. Custom branding is also available where there is sufficient space to add your logo – please contact us for a quote.
- Display Codes
- 5 digits (13mm, 7 segment), 3 buttons, 6 setpoint annunciator LEDs
- 6 digits (13mm, 14 segment), 5 buttons, 6 setpoint annunciator LEDs
- 2 x 6 digits (2 rows of 10mm, 14 segment), 5 buttons, 6 setpoint annunciator LEDs
- 5 digits (8mm, 7 segment), 3 buttons, 6 setpoint annunciator LEDs, Vertical bar graph (51 segment)
- 3 x 5 digits (3 rows of 8mm, 7 segment), 3 buttons, 6 setpoint annunciator LEDs
- Remote display kit. Used to separate any of the above displays from the controller base (1m or custom cable length) – ideal for mounting in awkward spaces.
The 380 controller includes two clips for mounting, with a suggested panel cutout area of 45.5 x 92.5mm. The case measures 48H x 96W x 120D (mm). When measuring the depth behind the panel, please allow for an additional 30-50mm for connectors and wiring.
The 380 series controller supports one analogue input module with up to 8 channels. The base unit also comes standard with 3 function pins which can be configured as digital inputs if required.
Analogue Input Modules
Analogue Input Modules
The 380 series base controller does not include any outputs by default, however you may add analogue, relay or serial output if desired.
- Analogue Output (Isolated)
- 1 x 4-20mA/0-10V selectable, 100Hz
- 2 x 4-20mA, 100Hz
- 4 x 4-20mA, 100Hz
- 4 x 0-10V, 100Hz
- Analogue outputs are used to retransmit process variables to PLCs and SCADA systems. They can be used to control outputs, (such as valves, motor drives and chart recorders) or to add a transmitter function to the controller.
- Relay Output
- 2 x 10A form C relays
- 2 x 5A form A relays
- 4 x 5A form A relays
- 6 x 5A form A relays
- The relay function is used to regulate outputs or to set off an alarm. All are at 250V AC.
- Serial Output
- RS232 (RJ11 terminal) + cable
- RS232 (screw terminal)
- 2 x RS232 (screw terminal)
- RS485 (RJ11 terminal) + cable
- RS485 (screw terminal)
- 1 x Ethernet ASCII + cable
- 1 x Ethernet Modbus/TCP + cable
- Serial outputs are used to set up and calibrate the controller using a PC. They can also be used to drive external printers and modems, communicate to PC’s/PLCs and retrieve logged data. Define Instruments serial output is compatible with SCADA systems.
The 380 series base controller has a 256KB configuration storage capacity. Data-alogging and real-time clock are not enabled by default.
- 3,072KB internal memory upgrade + data-logging and real-time clock. Expands total memory to 3,328KB.
The following programs are compatible with your 380 Series controller: