At Define Instruments, we believe that testing is an integral part of the manufacturing process, and we offer a full range of tests from simple electrical testing, right through to burn-in and ICT. Testing doesn’t have to involve significant outlays for capital equipment or add high costs to your product.
And thorough testing now is insurance for later.
Simple faults that are easily fixed at the prototype stage can cost thousands of dollars in engineering time (and loss of reputation) if a flaw is detected after the product has been sold.
At Define Instruments, we take a comprehensive approach to the management of quality issues. All staff complete mandatory ESD training, and work to IPC610E standard quality procedures.
Our QC processes cover everything that we do, from purchasing and product records through to PCB manufacturing and testing:
- Schematic and layout checks
- Pre-production unit quality checklist of key inspection points
- Screen printing precision checks using magnifying cameras
- Component orientation and placement checks (SMT and TH)
- Solder condition checks for both SMT and wave
- Extensive checking of the first output unit against the sample
- Complete assembly cosmetic checks and final QC inspection
Precision checks using magnifying cameras